In the development of technological products, it is necessary that they comply with a series of norms and standards to be distributed. Each country has its own requirements, so the existing certifications are varied, and it is difficult to know which one is necessary in each continent or in each country.
For example, technology products that include integrated radio technologies (such as smartphones) must meet two certifications, CE marking and FCC certification.
What are the certifications?
A certification is a guarantee that a product or process meets specific characteristics, quality and safety level. When a mobile device wants to be distributed in a country, it must meet the required certifications.
These certificates are issued by authorized organizations worldwide. By using certification bodies, manufacturers can get their products to market more efficiently and quickly in their target markets, avoiding legal problems.
What are the existing certifications?
- Bluetooth SIG. A certification to prove the compatibility of Bluetooth devices.
- Wi-Fi Alliance. An international seal for products that meet industry standards for Wi-Fi.
- Wireless Power Consortium (Qi). Serves as a quality feature of the devices with wireless charging function
- PTCRB/CTIA. Certifies classic mobile communications standards as 2G, 3G and LTE, but also new technological developments such as CAT M1 and NB IoT.
- GCF. A certification that defines a 6-step certification plan for the approval of a device or module.
- LoRaWAN. Certifies the LoRaWAN protocol as the open global standard for secure, carrier-grade IoT-LPWAN connectivity.
- Sigfox. A certification to verify the optimal sending and receiving of messages.
What certifications are needed to sell in America, Europe and Asia?
GCF certification for end devices and modules in the European cellular network is therefore necessary for manufacturers and companies who want to distribute their products in the European mobile network. This certification is granted by The Global Certification Forum (GCF) and all smartphones sold in Europe must first obtain the GCF certification.
For the distribution of technological products, it is necessary that manufacturers obtain the necessary certifications from the countries where they are going to distribute them, as is the case of the GCF certification for the countries of the European Union. Many Mobile Operators ask for GCF Certification to guarantee the interopearability of devices in their networks.
TADTELMAX is accredited as an RTO to perform GCF Field Trials. Our global and strong local presence in Europe, deliver to your company speedness as we are able to start testing immediately with the right infrastructure, local presence, tools and SIM cards.Talk to us if you need to test GCF email@example.com